World of Warcraft Progression Servers
written by: admin
2/19/21 Last Updated:
Everquest has nine Progression Servers
. The three primary server types are listed below.
Servers not listed:
- Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically about every 4-12 weeks.
- Voting Timelocked Progression - New expansions are voted to be unlocked about 12 weeks after the previous expansion's raid targets are defeated.
- Planes of Power Era-Locked Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically about every 12 weeks, only one EverQuest client may be run per computer, and expansions will stop unlocking with Lost Dungeons of Norrath in the Planes of Power era.
servers differentiated based on how many accounts can be played on a computer at one time (multi-boxing), and servers with expansions unlocked 8 weeks vs 12 weeks, etc. These are grouped together in the first entry.
WoW Classic Progression Servers
(Proposed Around 3/27/20):
Thinking about the potential ways a player could start a character in "Classic" Burning Crusade, which of the following would you prefer most
Please select one:
- Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.
- Start a brand new character from level 58 on a new Burning Crusade server.
- Start a brand new character from Level 1 on a new Burning Crusade server.
- Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server that will never progress past level 60, with the option to transfer to a Burning Crusade server.
- None of the above
It has recently been announced during Blizzcon 2021 (2/19/21) that World of Warcraft players will be presented with a major choice where they will have to decide whether their character will move to a true progression server which will have periodic expansion releases like the timelocked progression servers or the WoW Classic era server which will not progress beyond the content released just prior to The Burning Crusade Expansion. In other words, there will be no new content released for the traditional Classic realms.
For the most part I support this move by Blizzard regarding the next stage in WoW Classic servers. I would support some sort of Era-Locked Timelocked Progression
to, say Wrath of the Lich King, but that might be asking a bit much.
I daresay that I will move on to the Burning Crusade, but probably with a new character.
See potential WoW progression servers