written by: admin
2/10/22 Last Updated:
Having a clear side makes it a lot easier to look inside to see if it needs to be cleaned out or to see how the components are laid out. The RGB lighting is a pleasant addition.
This is not quite an accessory, but I wanted to add it as it fits most of the criteria.
Hard Drive and SSD Docking Station
This little gadget allows you to plug in an SSD or 3.5" HDD and have an instant hard drive or two. This means you don't have to take your computer apart to install an additional SSD.
It also allows you to clone one hard drive to another with the push of a button even if your computer is turned off.
There is a next generation type for M.2 NVMe SSD
Due to the nature of M.2 NVMe SSD it is better to have them plugged into the motherboard directly. This device is useful for offline cloning or to have an external NVMe when you do not have enough NVMe slots in your motherboard. The technology regarding this device appears rather new yet.
Every computer desk I found was simply too shallow, typically measuring at 20" to 24" in depth. This is troublesome for people with large monitors that take up most of the desk space.
This desk, which is actually a kitchen table, from Walmart has 32" of depth and adds approximately 8 extra inches of depth to your desk space which is just enough to be comfortable. The wood and finish is high quality, durable, and beautiful. There is no cabinet or drawer, but that is not a bother for me. It is not too wide or short and I love the space the extra 8 inches provides.
Again, I love the extra depth this desk provides.
You might not think about surge protectors too much. I certainly don't, but this one has one awesome feature. Unlike the typical 3' - 6' long cord this one is 12 feet long! This means I can move my desk around my room and keep the cord out of sight behind bookcases, etc.
4-Port USB Hub
Simply put, if you have a number of gadgets and too few ports for your accessories, this will allow you to add more ports.
- Fast 3.0 transmission speeds (5 Gbps).
- Ability to turn off each of the 4 ports with a button.
- Can be positioned so you you don't have to plug in to your desktop directly.
- Short cable! You may want to get a 3.0 USB cable to extend its reach.
When purchasing a monitor arm for your mount, be sure that it can hold the weight of your monitor comfortably
! This moveable arm can hold between 6.6 and 26.5 lbs. The weight of my monitor without the stand is 17.2 lbs. An arm with a weight capacity of 19.8 lbs will not cut it!
This arm looks nice, swivels and moves very smoothly, comfortably, quietly, and easily.
Surround Sound Headset with Mic
I am not a headset enthusiast, but I hate having to struggle to hear with everything turned up to max volume.
This headset is comfortable. I can hear things great with the volume at 1/100 AND the volume of the videos I am listing to turned down!
The mic is nice. It uses a USB port. The volume controls on the cord are easy to use and access.
For about the same price as a small mouse pad with wrist rest you can get one that is 35.4" wide x 15.75" deep x 0.15" thick. It is water and spill resistant, easy to clean and fits comfortably under your keyboard and mouse, so no need to constantly reposition the mousepad. It has RGB lighting and feels nice.
I have been through several mouse pads, but I believe this one will be with me for many years. It is that nice and durable.
Just plug in this gamepad into your computer's usb port and you are good to go. It handles like a PS3 gamepad and can be used with the XBox360 and PlayStation 3. I don't consider myself a gamer, but I do own many games and some games are designed to be played with a gamepad. While the games like Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams or Rogue Legacy can be played with a keyboard, it is rather awkward.
- Razer DeathAdder Chroma I'm writing off the Deathadder and Razer brand for now.
- Tendency to zip to one side of the screen or another.
- The huge amount of bloatware.
- Tendency to double click after a single click.
- Difficult to clean.
- This is reported by others and with multiple Razer mice I had.
- PICTEK Gaming Mouse Wired This is the mouse I am really enjoying. It feels comfortable and the click sensitivity is just right which is extremely important to me. The DPI sensitivity level is 1000-3200.
I do have one small negative for this mouse. The dpi sensitivity can be a little too easy to click as it is close to the mouse wheel.
- PICTEK Gaming Mouse Wired (newer version) This updated version has two sensitivity buttons instead of 1 and has 5 sensitivity levels instead of 4. The look is still the same, but the click sensitivity seems to be just a little higher, but still good. The DPI sensitivity level is 1200-7200 DPI.
Several items are not being reviewed at this time for various reasons. For example, I declined to review the speakers or the keyboard because I'm apathetic about them. Oddly enough, if I were to pick a favorite accessory, I would pick the desk at this time.
TAGS: computer hardware