Opera Stable: extensions
written by: admin
8/28/15 Last Updated:
- View Image Info (properties) Allows you to view the image as well as details about the image (size, type, etc.) Note: now located at Google Chrome webstore.
- Images On/Off Adds a button to your extensions bar to toggle images on or off.
- Gif Blocker Disables gifs. Click on a gif to show the image.
- Classic Images Allows you to save images using shortcuts used in Opera 12.x.
- Imagus Hover over an image to see the full or higher resolution version. tutorial
- Article Reading and Note Taking
- Google Keep A notepad for Opera that is synced to your Google account. I'm a little skeptical, but only a little. It looks secure enough.
- Reader View View an article and nothing else. This is primarily what I use Edit the page for, so this is very handy for me.
- Notepad can only use one note, but there are no security issues and it is easy to use.
- rss feeds you will also need this.
- gmail notifier There are many to choose from, but I prefer this one.
- Instant Dictionary Double click on a word to see its definition. Better than the Google version since it does not use spyware. Needs Install Chrome Extensions
- Stop Reclame an ad blocker, however, this one can block websites.
- AdBlock Plus Excellent and easy to use ad blocker.
- Scriptsafe Sort of an ad blocker, but it also allows you to mask Opera as another browser. Privacy settings → User-Agent Spoof: Chrome, Firefox, etc. Note: may break many websites.
- Luminous -- tutorial
- User-Agent Switcher Mask browser as another browser or OS. Kinda sad that we need this still in 2019.
- LastPass A password manager alternative to Opera's password manager.
- Classic Notes
- For feeds Opera uses Opera Mail, which is separate from the browser.
Sidebar opens up a vertical space on the left side of your browser for added functionality. Functionality is added via sidebar extensions
. Here are a few that I recommend:
sidebar extensionsTAGS: browser