Texas Border Wall
written by: admin
10/31/21 Last Updated:
- 01/03/24: Reports that Biden admin is actively violating 5th Circuit order to not cut razor wire to assist illegal aliens into the country. Biden admin sues Texas to prevent the state from defending its borders from illegal aliens.
- 01/11/24: Texas deploys their Texas National Guard to Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, often considered the epicenter of the migrant crisis, and set up razor wire around the area preventing CBP from helping the illegal aliens into the U.S. and stopping the flow there of migrants. ref, ref2
- 1/22/24: The U.S. Supreme Court vacates the 5th Circuit ruling allowing CBP to continue cutting razor wire to allow illegal immigrants into the U.S. while legal challenges play out in court. ref
- 1/25/24: 25 Republican Governors sign joint statement in support of Texas right to protect its borders. ref
- 1/26/24: Sen. Ted Cruz reveals that the number of illegal crossings under Biden is now at 9.6 million ref
- 2/15/24: TFC Executive Director Mike Novak states that 23 miles of Texas Border Wall have been completed with a plan to have 100+ completed by the end of 2026. For the foreseeable future .5 to 1.0 miles will be completed weekly. ref
- 2/16/24: Gov. Abbott announces construction of a major forward operating base in Eagle Pass to house 1,800 National Guard troops to help patrol the border in one of the most notorious illegal border crossing zones in the U.S. ref
- 2/29/24: U.S. District Judge David Ezra blocks SB 4. SB 4 allowed for the arrest of illegal aliens suspected of illegally crossing the U.S. border. ref
- 01/04/23: Texas Facilities Commission awards Fisher Sand and Gravel Company a $224 Million contract to build 9.4 miles of 30 foot border wall along the Rio Grande in Webb County in the Laredo Sector ref. Property access has been granted for 5.4 miles of the 9.4 miles ref. Border Report video
- 01/06/23: Florida gov. Ron DeSantis activates the National Guard to combat illegal aliens similar to Gov. Abbott's order. ref
- 01/07/23: Texas had as many illegal crossings in 2022 as the population of Houston, TX or around 2.3 Million. ref
- 01/30/23: Gov. Greg Abbott appoints Mike Banks to be Texas Border Czar, a new position created to oversee border security. ref
- 05/16/23: 24 Governors sign letter of support of Greg Abbott's border control mission. ref Soon after several Governors send troops and supplies to Texas to help with border control. ref
- 06/30/23: Reports that CBP cuts through razor wire installed by Texas DPS to allow for illegal entry into U.S. ref As of 9/29/23 this is still going on, but former acting CBP Commissioner had an insightful response ref. Near as I can tell, CBP is under orders to do this and it is very dangerous for state officials to interfere with government officials.
- 07/07/23: Texas begins deployment of marine buoy barrier on the Rio Grande River and is immediately sued. Installation continues anyway. ref
- 08/25/23: Texas completes 10.08 miles of Trump style border wall. ref
- 09/06/23: District Court Judge David Ezra orders buoys to be removed. Greg Abbott immediately appeals ruling. ref
- 09/07/23: New Orleans-based Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals allows buoys to remain while the case plays out in court. ref
- 10/15/23: Gov. Abbott announces Texas is installing fences along New Mexico border. ref
- 10/24/23: Texas sues Biden admin for cutting Razor wire. ref
- 10/30/23: Chief judge Alia Moses for the U.S. Western District of Texas orders federal government to stop cutting through the razor wire. ref
- 11/29/23: Chief Judge Alia Moses for the Western District of Texas in Del Rio allows federal agents to remove concertina wire put up by Texas. ref
- 11/30/23: Texas AG Paxton appeals Chief Judge Alia Moses 11/29/23 ruling to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ref
- 12/03/23: Maria Bartiromo of Fox News interviews Gov. Greg Abbott and reveals 8 million illegals entered the U.S. under Biden. Abbott announces he will sign a law in two weeks allowing peace officers to arrest illegal aliens. Texas is no longer the primary state of illegal entry into the U.S., Arizona is, which is impressive.
- 12/18/23: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signs legislation bills to protect Texas:
- SB 4 from the 4th Special Session means Illegal Immigrants can be arrested for illegal entry. Repeat offenders can be sentenced to up to 20 years of imprisonment.
- SB 3 adds $1.54 Billion more for border wall infrastructure. ref
- SB 4 from the third Special Session: 10 year minimum prison sentence for smuggling illegal immigrants and 5 year minimum sentence for operating a stash house. ref
Over 16 miles of border wall has been completed and over 33 miles are under construction. 110 miles of razor wire have been constructed so far. ref
- 12/19/23: 5th Circuit Court of Appeals rules that CBP agents MAY NOT cut Razor wire to let illegal immigrants into U.S. while appeals process plays out. This overrules Chief Judge Alia Moses 11/29/23 ruling. ref
- 01/28/22: Texas Facilities Commission Executive Director Mike Novak announces that .77 miles of the initial 1.7 border wall for Starr County has been completed. The wall is expected to be complete around Spring 2022. ref
- 02/16/22: Texas Facilities Commission Executive Director Mike Novak announces that over 1 mile of the initial 1.7 border wall for Starr County has been completed. The wall is expected to be complete around Spring 2022. ref
- 04/16/22: Greg Abbott signs agreement with fourth Mexican Governor in 3 days to have increased policing by these 4 Mexican states to protect our borders. ref, ref2
- 04/19/22: 26 state governors sign the American Governors' Border Strike Force, ref
- 07/12/22: In Starr County the 1.7 mile border wall has been completed. Work is being done to secure land on private property to continue work on additional segments of the border wall. ref, foxnews
- 11/14/22: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declares state of invasion and authorizes use of National Guard to defend the border. ref
- 12/17/22: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announces that border wall construction will resume next month and for all of next year! ref, ref2
- 01/20/21: Joe Biden halts construction of the U.S. Border Wall. ref
- 02/02/21: Alejandro Mayorkas is sworn in as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Read about his history of corruption here.
- 03/06/21: Texas Governor Greg Abbott launches Operation Lonestar, a comprehensive plan to protect Texas from the dangers of illegal immigration. ref
- 04/19/21: White House orders ICE and CBP to stop using the terms "illegal" and "alien" when referring to illegal aliens. ref
- 06/01/21: Biden admin ends Trump's MPP or Remain in Mexico policy. ref
- 08/11/21: Biden admin orders ICE not to arrest or deport illegal aliens who are the victims of crimes or are applying for victim-based immigration benefits. ref
- 08/20/21: U.S. Supreme Court temporarily halts a lower court's decision that would reinstate the Remain in Mexico policy so that the full court could consider the application. ref
- 08/24/21: U.S. Supreme Court orders Biden admin to reinstate MPP. ref
- 10/22/21: CBP reports that the number of people trying to enter the country illegally is the highest in 97 years at nearly 2 million and third highest ever. ref
- 10/29/21: Rumble video Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says his state is mobilizing 6,500 National Guard to secure his border. He is also using large shipping containers with razor wire to block people from entering into his state from Mexico illegally. Those that do make it past will be imprisoned for breaking the law. He has announced that border wall construction will begin construction before the end of 2021. 11/17/21 twitter post
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas ends Remain in Mexico policy. ref
- 12/17/21: Texas governor Greg Abbott confirms that work has begun on the Texas border wall. ref, ref
- ICE: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
ICE's mission is to protect America from the cross-border crime and illegal immigration that threaten national security and public safety. This mission is executed through the enforcement of more than 400 federal statutes and focuses on immigration enforcement and combating transnational crime.
- How long is the Texas/Mexico border? 1,254 ref
- How many miles does Texas Gov. Abbott propose to build? The entire 1,254 mile Texas/Mexico border. ref A 10/18/23 article (★ Good) has the number at 800 miles or less which sounds more realistic.
- What are the most heavily trafficked areas in Texas for illegal immigration? As of Feb 2023 in descending order: El Paso, Del Rio, and Tucson ref
- Why has so little Trump wall been built in Texas? Most land is privately owned and Texas legislature does not allow for eminent domain to be used. ref
- Can I donate to the Texas Border Wall? Yes, and it is tax deducible. You can donate and see how much has been raised here.
more events to the timeline
how has public opinion of the border wall and immigration changed since 1/1/21 to today?
what is the status of the Texas border?
what significant legislative events have happened in regard to ICE, CBP, lawsuits, Supreme Court decisions, decisions by Alejandro Mayorkas, etc.TAGS: border wall